Does cryptocurrency or real estate give you a better return on investment?
Cryptocurrencies are unregulated, making it easy to manipulate them. There is no security or accountability with crypto, unlike real estate, which often requires a hefty down payment, extensive paperwork, background checks, and evidence of income.
On the other hand, real estate can be an excellent investment, especially when you buy at the right time. Unlike the crypto market, which fluctuates every minute, real estate has been less volatile over the years. You pay down your debt every month when purchasing a property.
The Pros and Cons of Investing in Cryptocurrency
– Cryptocurrencies are not regulated, which means there is little to no paperwork.
– Investing in crypto can be done from the comfort of your own home; no need to run to the bank to deposit a check.
– Profits are tax-free.
– Crypto can be challenging to trace back to the owner and have a higher anonymity level when transacting.
– Investors may not always get the expected return because cryptocurrencies are unregulated
– Cryptocurrencies are volatile and can drop at any time with little to no warning.
– Investors may also encounter a phishing scam and lose all their money; there is no security or accountability with crypto.
– You are not building equity with cryptocurrency; when it comes to selling, it’s just like selling any other investment.
The Pros and Cons of Investing in Real Estate
– Buying a home or a piece of land is known as buying an asset that builds equity over time.
– Real estate has been more stable and less volatile over the years.
– The cryptocurrency market is very young compared to real estate.
– Real estate offers an opportunity for tax deductions.
– You will need to pay for additional costs when buying real estate, such as closing fees, inspections, appraisals, and more.
– Real estate can take months to sell
Investing in real estate beats cryptocurrency any day, in my opinion.
And if you want to see how it’s been playing out for me for over 30 years, check out my FREE Real Estate Training.