How to make people listen to your marketingEveryone wants to get more customers and no one wants to spend a fortune to do it. So how is digital marketing different than traditional marketing? And why is it important to invest in digital marketing?
What is Traditional Marketing?Traditional marketing is where most companies dedicate most of their marketing resources, and consists of email spamming, telemarketing, commercials and other ads.
What is Digital Marketing?Digital marketing is where you make yourself valuable to people who already interested in your industry through content marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and social media.
Digital Marketing vs Traditional MarketingMarketers tend to spend 90% of their budget on traditional marketing and 10% on digital marketing. This is because traditional marketing is really expensive and digital marketing is relatively new.
- People actively try to block most ads while the point of inbound marketing tactics like content marketing is to provide info that people are actively looking for in places where they are most likely to be, like social media.
- Digital marketing costs 62% less while traditional marketing costs are increasing every year.
- Traditional marketing generates leads by trying to convince you that you want their product or service when you might not even be the target audience, wasting your time and their resources.
- Digital marketing uses social media to specifically reach people in their target audience. It prioritizes SEO to reach people who are already interested in your area. It uses content marketing to actually help people as a way of earning trust and converting them.
- Reach specific strategic audiences where they are (social media).
- Improve your SEO to reach people already interested in what you offer.
- Invest in content marketing to earn trust by offering tips and advice.
- Devote more time, resources, and money into digital marketing to make more of a difference and make more money.