Following the 2021 Astroworld tragedy, Travis Scott breaks his multi-month social media silence by announcing philanthropic initiative Project HEAL.
Travis Scott returns to social media to re-address the aftermath of Astroworld Festival with the launch of Project HEAL.
The Cactus Jack Foundation initiative is “a multi-tier, long-term series of community-focused philanthropy and investment efforts.”
In the Instagram post that announces the project, Scott states:
“My team and i created project heal to take much needed action towards supporting real solutions that make all events the safest spaces they can possibly be.”— Travis Scott on Instagram
“Project HEAL is backed by a multi-million dollar funding commitment from Travis Scott”
According to the program’s official website, Scott made a personal commitment to support HEAL with millions of dollars in funding.
In addition, the extensive project will benefit from “a portion of proceeds from his upcoming product launches.”
The four initiatives launched by Project HEAL are as follows:
1Waymon Webster HBCU Scholarship Fund
- $1 million in scholarships to students at HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges and Universities)
- 100 high-performing seniors who struggle financially will be able to graduate
- 10X budget increase from Scott’s scholarship fund last year
2Expansion of CACT.US Youth Design Center
- Growing the 60,000 square foot creative center in Houston
- Funding a 7-figure education program
- Supporting creatives from lower-income areas
3Mental Health Resources
- Partnering with Dr. Janice Beal, ‘Well Being in Color’ Programing Director, to create mental health resources for young adults
- Services include crisis-care communication and on-site counseling at schools
- Focusing on young people of color in low-income communities
4US Conference of Mayors and Tech-driven Solutions for Event Safety
- Financially supporting a national safety conference that addresses large live events
- Connecting representatives from emergency response, music, government, tech, event planning, public safety, and more
- Developing a “new safety and security blueprint for all festivals and large-scale events” as a report of formal suggestions for Mayors
The importance of taking action and giving back
So, what is there to learn from the latest news about Travis Scott?
There’s no doubt that the 2021 Astroworld Festival has permanently impacted the live entertainment industry.
But in an attempt to prevent future tragedies from happening, Scott and his team are dedicated to taking real-world action steps.
“Giving back and creating opportunities for the youth is something I’ve always done and will continue to do as long as I have the chance.”— Travis Scott
Philanthropy is a practice everyone should embrace, regardless of social status or financial backing.
I encourage you to reach out to your own community and see how you can give back with the resources you do have.
Featured image source: Travis Scott Official Instagram Page
Disclosure: This content is intended to be used for educational and informational purposes only. Individual results may vary. You should perform your own due diligence and seek the advice from a professional to verify any information on our website or materials that you are relying upon if you choose to make an investment or business decision. Investment, real estate, and business involve great risk and there is no guarantee of performance or results.
We are not attorneys, investment advisers, accountants, tax professionals or financial advisers and any of the content presented should not be taken as professional advice. We recommend seeking the advice of a financial professional before you invest, and we accept no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage you may incur.
Feel free to surf to my web blog …