What makes the difference between the best creative team and a mediocre one? How can you tell the difference? How can you be sure to find the right team for your business? Here are some insider tips to help you hire the best team for your business.
Ask the right questions
- How did you solve problems for previous customers?
- How will you come up with important milestones?
- How will you develop the strategy needed to draft the design from concept to implementation?
- How is your design strategy proven to accomplish a goal? Increasing leads, pushing sales, improving engagement, ect.?
Look for a team, not a single designer
- Graphic Design
- User Experience/Design Thinking/Service Design
- Video Editor
- Bonus points if a creative team is linked to a programming team. You’ll see even more benefits.
Check if they’ve done their homework
- Ask informed and curious questions about your company and how they can help you.
- Customize their proposal or pitch deck to target you and your company.
- Drive the meeting, always moving forward, and trying to help you solve your problems.
The Best Creative TeamYou should feel confident in the abilities of your creative team to create visually pleasing, strategic solutions for your problems. If they impress you in these three areas, and can back it up with data, then you have a winner on your hands. Don’t settle for mediocre when strategic design can make such a difference for your company!
Takeaway Tips: Hiring the Best Creative Team
- Ask the right questions- questions that tell you about the strategy and thoughtful methods of the potential creative team.
- Look for a team, not a single designer- and make sure the team members are experts in each of their fields.
- Check if they’ve done their homework- that they are actively engaged in solving your company’s problems and know what they’re about.